Current Bg Info Map Edition
- Advertise Price list
- Interested in advertisment? Send us your requests
- Locations List of distributors
- Archive View all editions
BGinfo Box, in cooperation with Belgrade tourist organization (TOB) through a well-developed network of advertising and informative panels, distributes free and easily available printing advertising and informative material. A seven year long experience in this line of work and approximately 2.000.000 copies of flyers, maps and brochures distributed in this period show us that in the range of printed material BGinfo Box has to offer, BGinfo Map is the most popular.
A business tourist or a “pack packer”, the first timer or an often seen guest, one is sure not to spend all the time in one’s hotel room. After settling, one is to look for a city map, information, ask questions, and BGinfo Map is to provide the answers. BGinfo Map is the only free tourist map of the city center with indicated landmarks of Belgrade and map’s sponsors’ locations. The map’s dimensions (B2) enable enough space for the information and marketing content of the map’s sponsors that help Belgrade guest to easily find their way get to know our city better. Belgrade is one of the most important tourist centers of the Balkans and its long and tumultuous history is preserved in many historical monuments and locations. But, Belgrade is a modern, dynamic city full of contemporary events, and this makes our advertising city map necessary to tourists. By sponsoring BGinfo Map, our clients invite Belgrade visitors to be their guests, present them their services or products and help them to experience our city. BGinfo Map is distributed through BGinfo Box regular channels as well as directly, hand to hand, done by Belgrade hotel receptionists, visitors. It can also be found in the premises of the map’s sponsors, as well as in numerous cafes, clubs, tourist and rent-a-car agencies, etc. Due to this, the list of distributive places is constantly growing.
At the door of freedom
A great battle to free Belgrade from Turks was fought in 1789 under the leadership general Laudan. It resulted in great destruction of the town – the towers and the city walls were demolished, almost all buildings were burned, only the fortress walls were untouched and the town was under Austrian government. But that lasted only for two years because under the stipulations of the peace contract signed in 1791, Belgrade was once more under Turkish government. This government was difficult for Serbian people since it meant violence and oppression of janissaries and the terror and in 1801 four Turkish governors arrived: Mehmed-aga Focic, Mula Jusuf-aga, Kučuk Alija and Aganlija. The governors decided not to allow the omen to come true (that was “read” from the sky to them by khoja) and to kill all Serbian dukes, the aristocracy and leave the people without leaders. This famous “slaughter of the dukes” and the rage it provoked, were put into an epic poem called “The beginning of the Revolt against the Dahijas”:
"God in Heaven! The stupendous wonder!
When 'twas time throughout the land of Serbia
That a mighty change should be accomplished
And new ways of ruling be established,
Then the knezes welcomed not the quarrel,
Neither were the Turkish tyrants joyful;
Only then rejoiced the orphan rayah,
Which could pay no longer fines and taxes,
Neither suffer more the Turkish tyrants;
With them, too, the saints were filled with gladness,
For the blood of innocents had bubbled
From the earth; the time was come for battle,
For the Holy Cross to shed one's life-blood;
Every man should now avenge his forebears."
čorđe Petrović, Kara-čorđ (“The Black George”) led the apprising of the Serbian people that started in Orašac village in 1804. Serbian haiduks were not like the commanders our city had seen till then, but were trained in Serbian hills and forests. Belgrade was liberated on 30 November 1806 by haiduks, and it became, in political and educational sense, a centre for all the Serbs. Next year, in 1807, Belgrade fortress was won, and in 1808 Belgrade got its first “Great school” and became a home for outstanding persons of the time: Vuk Karadzic (reformer of Serbian language and alphabet), Dositej Obradovic and Ivan Jugovic.
In 1813 the Turks return to the empty Belgrade since its inhabitants moved away under the attack of great Turkish force.
In 1815 under the lead of Milos Obrenovic the second Serbian rebellion was organized. Milos Obrenovic was not only a great commander, but also a diplomat. On 30 November 1830, on the Russian request, Sultan’s edict the right on autonomy of Serbian people was recognized and proclaimed, the right given by a peace agreement signed in Bucharest in 1815 and by oral agreement with duke Miloš. Duke Miloš built St. Marko’s church not far from the hillock where Sultan’s edict with 24 stipulations had been read, Saborna church (the shrine of Serbian spirituality), duchess Ljubica’s palace, the place complex in Topčider. The first newspaper “Novine srpske” were published and the Seminary and the Grammar school was established.
But in Belgrade, the political and cultural centre, beside Serbian government and Serbian duke, the Turkish pasha governs from the old Belgrade town (today’s Kalemegdan fortress).
The killing of a Serbian boy at the čŒukur fountain, let to bombardment of Belgrade in 1862, and on 6 April 1867 the last Turkish commander in Belgrade, Ali-Riza pasha gave the town and the fortress keys to duke Mihailo. That symbolic act was the beginning of the Serbian government over free Belgrade.read more...